Essay on Indian Farmer for UP Board
English Essay : An Indian Farmer
1 . Introduction , 2. Home , 3. Education , 4. Daily Life , 5. Source of Enjoyment , 6. Efforts of Improvement .
1. Introduction – India is an agricultural country . Most of its people live in villages . The main occupation of its people is farming . The Indian farmer is generally a simple man . He wears Dhoti and Kurta of Khaddar . He does not get time to be sad as he is always busy .
2. Home – He is hard – working yet he is poor . Many farmers live in huts . Some live in ordinary houses made of mud . There are thatches on them . They are very small . They are not airy . Some rich farmers have built pucca houses .
3 . Education – A farmer is often uneducated and illiterate . His knowledge is based on old ideas . He is superstitious . Now many farmers try to know new methods of farming . They know much about fertilizers .
4. Daily Life – A farmer generally rises early in the morning . He goes to his field with his bullocks and a plough .
Indian farmer starts working and works till his wife brings food for him at noon . Farmer takes his food and then takes rest for some time . Then he starts his work . He goes on working till evening . In the evening he returns home . Such is the life of an Indian farmer .
5. Source of Enjoyment – At night he goes to chaupal . He enjoys songs and dramas . Sometimes he smokes hukka . He likes the stories of Alha – Udal . Sometimes he goes to fairs also .
6. Efforts of Improvement – A farmer is the backbone of our society . The progress of our country is based on the improvement of his condition . So the govenrment should improve his condition .